Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2012

Food Trippin'

As I was going through my usual Friday night upping my treadmill game at the gym, I noticed that the usually quiet Glorietta Park had suddenly become quite an attraction. From where I was running, I could see crowds gather in-front of colorful trucks, as if they were watching a magician perform tricks. My curiosity got the best of me. After paying my dues at the gym, I  made my way across the street to see for myself what kind of sorcery was taking place.

The view from the treads




Even before crossing the street, I could already smell the different kinds of flavors floating through the air. A bright red Volkswagen was the first thing that welcomed me. A sign on top of the van read "MEXICAN FOOD". Then, I was sure.




A food fair was happening right in the heart of Makati, The Cucina Andare!


After a tiring session at the gym, I was ready to eat my heart out. I wasted no time and looked around to see what would satisfy my fancy.









The night's entertainment.

There is plenty of space to enjoy your food. You can even sit down and kick back on the finely cut grass of Glorietta Park (my personal choice).


After looking around for quite some time, I still could not figure out what I wanted. I headed to the food trucks to see what they had to offer.


Then I spotted this little fella' from afar. 


As I was looking through the  menu of Chef Broosy, I noticed that it wasn't really the typical Japanese cuisine. Chef Broosy is a twist of Filipino and Japanese tastes. 


I knew I just had to try the Sisig Taco and the Spicy Ramen.

While waiting for my order, I asked the manager if it was okay to take a peek inside the food truck.



So this is what it looks like. It actually feels like an oven.

 My food is ready.

 Sisig Taco! This surprised me. It was insanely good. Perfect crispiness of the Sisig with the soft but warm taco shell. I was really tempted to purchase one more!

Spicy Ramen! It had the perfect combination of tangy-ness and spice, generous portions of noodles and pork, and the broth was really tasty. OISHI.

Will definitely be coming back to Chef Broosy!


With the Makati City skyline as your backdrop, who wouldn't enjoy eating at Cucina Andare? The good food is only a bonus.

1 comment:

  1. This made me hungry...but I just had my lunch. haha!

    ReplyDelete